Thursday, March 24, 2005

Spelling with Flickr

Yes, I changed the font. Going with the default allows me to fit more.

Courtesy of one of my old teachers at MCTC (Ok, so Peter's not actually old, he's more of a former teacher), I present to you "Spelling with Flickr." Flickr is a way to post and share photos on the web. When I started this blog for Colter, it was a way to post pics for all the grandparents (isn't weird how nowadays you can have upwards of 6-8 grandparents? Cheaper by the dozen!), but because of the joy and ease of digital photography, we have not only way more pictures than we can print but more than I can post. So three months into this project, I've decided not only will I post updates on Colter and his progress of grasping this big wonderful world, now I'll add my own thoughts whether you want to hear them or not. Hah!

When I figure out how the hell to work with Flickr, I'll let you know the details of how to get to the pics, how to download them for desktop purposes (hi, pop!) and what else you can do with Flickr.

The first trick I learned from Peter was spelling with Flickr. All the details are in the link. If you want to change the look of the letters, just click on them. I'm not sure how this will turn out, but what the hell, some times you just have to roll the potato.

The first try didn't work. Go here.

1 comment:

Peter Fleck said...

Hi Jay- Just found your link to my blog via technorati. You may be the first. Thanks.

I love flickr. Hope you can navigate its ways (but as soon as you do they will change it in some way so you gotta be loose).