Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day...to me!

Beautiful weekend for Father's Day in the Gallatin Valley. Warm temps, sunny skies, light breeze and remote broadcasts at Greater Yellowstone Flyfishers earning me $150. After my 9am-noon remote today, I headed down the road to Big Sky Premium Meats and told Sayem ("Sam" the wife of the owner Doug, I did a remote for them a month or so a go during the grand opening) that I wanted something special for ME for ME to grill on MY day. This is what Sayem suggested: two ribeyes. But not just any ol' ribeye. BISON RIBEYE.

OH
MY
GOD

These were some of the best steaks we have ever had...ever ever ever.

I sprinkled them liberally with Canadian Steak seasoning, grilled them slow, served them up with a beautiful Zinfandel (don't know if you can read the label, but it's called "Sin Zin"). They were sooooo tender, so soft. We love bison, we've had bison burger (cheaper and leaner than ground beef-- for just about everything one would use hamburger for), bison sausage, jerky and sticks, but never steak. The only downside? It'll have to be a once-in-a-very-great-while treat at $14.99 a pound. *yeek* Posted by Picasa

No comments: