Sunday, October 26, 2008

Last One Out, Close the Gate

Yellowstone's roads will the be closed on November 4th, so I thought I would take the chance to take my last available weekend to go to the park. One of the best things about this time of year is the crowds. As in, there are none. It's you and about six other people. No crowding, no traffic snarls. Just you and the animals. Except I saw almost nothing today. Nada. Not one wolf in Lamar Valley, no bears. Just two different coyotes. One of which was, of course, mistaken by some flatlanders as a wolf. I hate to shatter their illusions sometimes. I did see Dr. James Halfpenny out today, but I don't know if he was waiting for a pack or watching one. There was nowhere for me to turn around and go back and peer over his shoulder. The full album can be found here.


No comments: