Saturday, October 11, 2008

Only Four Months to the Day...





...since our last snowfall in Bozeman.

These pictures are a real good example of why I don't want to leave the house today. The snow started late last night and as of 9:45am, it's still going strong, and expected to continue through Sunday. Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long for us to get snow in the valley. The mountains have gotten snow already, four or five times, in fact.
It's only 67 in my place right now (I know, because that's what I have the thermostat set at and the heat just kicked on), and a brisk 33 outside. I spent most of the night watching TV sitting next to the fireplace. Yes, it was on. I also got out the BIG down comforter last night. A little bit ago, I saw one of the snowplow/sander trucks out. The dogs at the vet clinic across the street are not outside in the kennel. I have a craving for chili, or possibly vegetable beef soup. All sure signs of winter starting to make it's way to my neighborhood.
This also means that in about two days, it'll be 60, sunny and we'll forget all about the snow—for a few days.
I just realized I do have to leave and brave the cold. I have to get groceries. Especially if I want to make some chili. Darn it.

No comments: