Friday, February 13, 2009

What I'm Doing With The Chicken Carcass

In a fit of creative passion, I decided to put together a terrific recipe that I could make that would make about six servings, and therefore, I could eat it all weekend long!

Not really. I went to Costco Wednesday, got a rotiserrie chicken, and after eating just the drumsticks and half a breast, I'm making a dish I got from Lawry's.

Santa Fe Casserole Bake
Prep Time: 10min  Cooking Time: 20min  Makes: 6 servings

1lb hamburger or chicken
1 package Lawry's Taco Seasoning
2 cups water
2 tsp chicken bullion
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sour cream
1 can diced green chilies
1 bag of tortilla chips
2 cups (8 oz.) grated cheese

optional things I add: green pepper, green onions, black olives and dice tomatoes on the topping

Brown the meat, add taco spices.
In small bowl combine boullion, flour and water. Add to meat misture; bring to a boil to slightly thicken liquid. Stir in sour cream and green chilies; blend thouroughly. In lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish, place 1/2 of chips. Top with 1/2 of the meat mixture, 1/2 of cheese, and half of the pepper/onion/olive toppings. Layer again with remaining ingredients, ending with black olives and diced tomatoes on top.

Bake in 375 oven for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.

I'll be making this for supper tonight and eating it the rest of the weekend.
I'll have some pictures later as I "build" it.

No comments: