Friday, January 21, 2005

C'mon Now, That's Just Gross!

So last night as we're going through our daily ritual of Colter playing turtle and freaking out because he's on his back and whipping around on his stomach WHILE I'M TRYING TO CHANGE HIM and completely annoying me, I discovered what I think is diaper rash. Of course you can read every book possible on child care and while they'll tell you what to do for diaper rash no one actually explains what diaper rash looks like! Here comes the gross part....as I'm looking through the drawer to find the diaper rash ointment, one hand on the kid, one digging through the drawer, I hear what sounds like velcro ripping. In the millisecond it took to turn my head I see our beloved son smiling with the pee soaked diaper in his mouth as to say "hurry up, I'm really, really hungry. So hungry that, wow, this doesn't taste half bad." And so the tug of war battle began between Mommy, "gimme, gimme, gimme," and Colter (laughing hysterically).

No comments: