Sunday, June 22, 2008

Colter's first-ever burger and Yiddish

As far as I know, Colter's never eaten a hamburger before. I've tried tempting him when we would make burgers at home, but he'd take as big of a bite as he could of the bun without actually getting any meat. Today, out of the blue, I asked him if he wanted a cheeseburger for lunch. He said, "no, I don't want cheese on my burger." Waitaminnit, you mean you'd eat one without cheese? "Sure." We made our first father/son trip to Burger King today. Colter ate an entire hamburger with ketchup for lunch today. But, believe it or not, that's not what I was actually going to write about. The highlight of my day so far was when Colter looked over at me and pointed to his cheek, and said, "Dad, you've got a little schmutz, there." I plotzed right on the spot. Now, if we were actually Jewish, it would have been an even prouder day.

No comments: