Friday, June 27, 2008

Open Letter To MySpace

Dear MySpace,
I think it's time we went our separate ways. We never spend any together any more, before you ask, yes, I've met someone else. Her name is Twitter. We met back in February, and we've gotten along really well, and although, the last few weeks have been a little rough (she can sometimes be a little unstable), we are sticking together and we'll get through the rough patches together. Well, me an my more than 200 friends will.
Oh sure, you were fun in the beginning, when Tobi first introduced me to you. I met one of my best new friends through you and re-connected with one of my best friends from our radio days in North Dakota. But all in all, you just don't do it for me, anymore. Posting LOLCats in comments and putting "Hong Kong Phooey, number one super guy. Hong Kong Phooey, quicker than the human eye" as my status was fun. But there's no sense of community with you.
I now have over 200 friends that I talk to, well, every day. If I have a question, someone will pop up with an answer within a few minutes. Whether it's a recommendation on wine, a movie, a DVD or help with the computer. Don't believe it's not true love? Look at my TweetStats. I've posted 3,470 times on Twitter. How many blog entries have you gotten from me? Oh, and I'm mean not counting the entries where I copied my tweets.
Yes, she may have her problems, she's been a wee bit unstable the last couple of weeks (a little off the Rails, if you will). But I never felt the connection I have with her, when I was with you.
From Boston to Detroit, Ontario to California, from Texas to Heaven (yes, Heaven), all my friends are here, and that's where I'm going to stay.
Goodbye, MySpace.

No comments: