Thursday, June 26, 2008

Payola or Plugola?

In radio, if a record label gives you money to play a record, and you don't tell the public, it's payola and very much illegal. If I'm on a remote and someone brings me free food, like I got yesterday from WokKee Mountain Kitchens in Big Sky, it's called plugola. I say, "hey, (blank) brought me some food, and this is great stuff! Go visit them, you'll enjoy it!" (luckily, this happens quite a bit on remotes)
A couple of weeks ago, on Twitter, I discovered that a peanut butter company out of St. Paul, MN was also tweeting. I had heard of the stores in St. Paul, but had never checked out the website. After looking at the site, I decided that the price after delivery, was just too much for a jar of peanut butter. PB Loco saw my tweet, and sent this message to me.
I did. They did. Then I sent the following message out on Twitter. This is another great example of plugola. This peanut butter is wonderful! As soon as my free jar is gone, I'm going to order a couple more, this will lower the cost per jar, and I still have many more I'd love to try.
Thanks again, PB Loco for the free jar, it worked! I will be ordering more.

No comments: