Monday, August 11, 2008

Bloggin' on the Brain

My biggest problem with writing is that ideas don't strike me if or when I'm sitting down at the computer. They strike me in the shower, on the way home from work, while I'm trying to back-time into CBS news during the 8am hour on the Dave Visscher Radio Show with Dean Alexander (plug), or strolling the aisles at Target.

Luckily, I have my iPod Touch, so some times I'm able to jot notes down on the strange little things may be flashing through my noggin. I'll also jot down notes on any piece of paper that may be handy. I once had a napkin, a post-it note, and a torn corner from a tablet in my pocket with ideas to write.

Many times, if I'm close enough to the computer I can run over and type up a mess of thoughts, or even at work, log on, and save as a draft until I can finish the thought.

I would like to be able to write something every single night, and I'm going to work on that. Of course, that means some nights, there's going to be something as simple as, "did you ever notice how clothes that have been in the closet for awhile without being worn are really kinda stinky, even though they're actually clean? And that they all smell the same?"

That's all I've thought of for tonight.

No comments: