Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Earthquake(?)

A couple of weeks ago when the earthquake hit southern California, I happened to be on Twitter at the time, and I knew there was one when all the tweets suddenly said "holy shit, earthquake!", "I think we just had an earthquake" and "Was that an earthquake?"

The first time I lived in Bozeman, I slept through an earthquake. "In Bozeman?", you say. Well yeah, we're only 80 miles or so north of Yellowstone, one of the most active spots on earth (in terms of numbers of measurable quakes, not so much intensity). I was asleep when I got a call from my wife at Montana State asking if I had felt it. "Uh no...I was asleep." She said she was walking across the office and it felt like walking across a waterbed. I didn't even feel the bed shake. It was over 5.0, so it wasn't like it was a teeny trembler. People were streaming out of the buildings at MSU, confusing the hell out of Jennifer.

I haven't had the "luck" to experience one yet, but I couldn't help but wonder as I went into the bathroom on Sunday, if we hadn't had one while Colter and I were on our hike:
Posted by Picasa

No comments: