Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Parting is a Bitch

Now that was tough. Colter and his momma are going to Minneapolis today. So I let him sleep in my bed the last two nights. The alarm went off at its usual time this morning, but since I was already cuddling with him, I hit snooze. Then again. And one more time. I couldn't let him leave my arms. After three "snoozes" we finally got up, I got him breakfast to eat while I showered. Made sure he had all the things he needed for the long drive and we headed to school.

I don't think I was doing it on purpose (or at least consciously) , but I had to go back to the car three times to get stuff we forgot to bring in. Then when it was time to say goodbye, I couldn't stop hugging him, kissing him or rubbing noses. I think he knew, because he wasn't letting go either. We'd talked about how long he was going to be gone, and I think dropping him off today, he finally realized it.

Bye bye, bud. See you in a week. Love you, Colter.
Daddy.

No comments: