Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"No one gives a shit about conversations you have with your kid."

If you read my previous post this morning, you know that I was having a discussion about how different Facebook users who aren't on Twitter are different from those who are. (Name) sent me an e-mail this evening in response to the post:
So I was just going through my bookmarks, deleting ones I never use. I came across your Colter's Blog. Just for kicks, I clicked on it. To my surprise, you created an entire blog about what happened? My God....I had no idea you were so needy and starved for attention.

And yes...you *do* need to grow up. :)  Bye bye little boy...and believe me, no matter what your other "friends" say....no one gives a shit about what you do every second, and really....no one gives a shit about conversations you have with your kid.
My first reaction was something along the lines of, "oh yeah?!" But then, that would feed into her "little boy" line of thinking, and there's nothing I can say that would change that.

There's 474 people (plus or minus with some spammers I may not have gotten to yet) that apparently do give give a shit about what I do every second, many of whom I truly consider friends. There's also 323 people that *I* give a shit about what they do every second. In fact, I've managed to meet a small handful of them that I consider to be very dear real life friends, and one very very special one.

It should be pointed out that (Name) contacted me via Yahoo personals some time early last summer, based on our mutual attraction to Yellowstone. However, (Name) lives in Virginia, and since there was very little chance of us seeing each other very often, it wasn't going to work out. (Name) has no children and from what I can tell, it's going to stay that way. It's a damn good thing, too, because I'd hate to see what she'd think of, or how she'd treat my son. 

A word of advice for you, (Name)? If you happen to fall for a single dad, you are never going to get anywhere with him if he's a dad that's worth a damn, and for those kids' sake, I hope you don't. The last line in your e-mail will make sure that you never, ever come anywhere but dead last.

4 comments:

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

If that's true, we would all be in trouble. I think there is a contingent who don't care, but I think that's what social media is. We all do care. Maybe this makes me a complete whacko loser, but I actually think about my bloggy/twitter friends, and what I have talked about with them. When they are going through tough times, when they rejoice. They are on my mind. They are very real to me.

I would hope that people care about you and Colter. Because if not, that means no one cares about me and my family. And I have 78K hits in about 3 yrs.(with never a giveaway that requires tweeting a contest, adding to my sub list, etc which I consider under-handed and cheating).

Clearly something,somewhere is relevant to readers.

I suspect sour grapes and you should tell (Name) :"bite me."

T.
Send Chocolate

Becker said...

We used to have a saying about people like the one you've been bantering with -- and here's a bit of that much maligned immaturity poking out:

"Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."

It's not your responsibility to filter your social networking posts to suit the tastes of your "friends" online. Period.

Violet the Verbose said...

I always heard it as, "Joke 'em if they can't take a fuck." Ha ha ha!

Yeah, I think that conversation/"friend"ship pretty much falls into the category of "Whatevah. Moving on."

Obviously other people do care, so we are the ones you need to keep hangin' out with. And Tina, I care about you and yours, too! :o)

Jay H. said...

Tina, Michael, Vi and everyone who commented on Facebook and in private. Thanks for the kind words!
~Jay