Thursday, April 19, 2007

"C" is for "Cowboy"

This is something Jenn drew, copying it out of an ABC book about Wyoming that we have. We also have the Montana book and gave Jackson Barnes the Minnesota book. North Dakota's book sucks, I mean, it's REALLY bad. That's the only reason Dawson doesn't have it. I read it at the bookstore and told Jenn I'd be embarrassed to give this to Dawson, because I wouldn't want Kev to read it to him and say, "what kind of shit is this?" Because if you know Kev, that's exactly how he'd say it, too.

This is actually from the letter "H."

H stands for the horse they called Seamboat.
The "horse that couldn't be
ridden" we note.
All rodeo cowboys know this of course,
Steamboat's the
most famous bucking horse.

If you ask Jenn, she will tell you that she can't usually just draw something from scratch very well, everything kinda looks cartoony. But if she has reference, she can copy like an art forger. You should see the Mondrian she painted for my birthday present four years ago.

EDIT - This is what the picture that Jenn painted for me looks like. I got this from a website, it's not a picture of her painting. Jenn's looks exactly like this, even done in oil just like ol' Piet, himself. It's called "Composition A."

Posted by Picasa

No comments: